You have your favorite games ready to go, the perfect headset, a comfortable chair, and a bowl full of snacks. But even with all this, your gaming setup still feels a bit lacking. If you spend lots of time at your computer table, you know that the right atmosphere can really get you in the zone. Gaming desk lights can instantly take your video game experience to the next level – you’ll feel like you’ve stepped right into an action-packed adventure.
6 gaming desk light ideas
From a built-in cup holder and headphone hook to a giant computer desk with LED lights, there are all kinds of great gaming tables. All the best gaming desks, though, share the key element of excellent lighting. Check out these gaming desk light ideas to get started:
1. Adhesive strip lights
Sitting at a desk all day can be a drag. The last thing you want is to still feel like you’re at the office when you come home to play games and relax. Gaming desks with LED lights can completely transform your atmosphere into something more futuristic. Adhesive strip lights are especially easy – you’ll just stick and peel these LEDs to your desk.
2. LED light bars
A desk with RGB LED light bars can elevate your surroundings and mentally transport you right into your favorite game’s fantasy world. RGB lighting fixtures allow you to choose from endless color combinations to match any game or mood. If you’re at your desk fighting zombies in the underworld, maybe a mix of green and blue will motivate you. Flying through space in a Star Wars adventure? Set the light bar to shades of blue and red. You’re now in control of your gaming desk lights and your avatar’s destiny.
3. Dimmable table lamp
Staring at a screen for hours on end can be harsh for your eyes, especially without proper lighting. When you take eye care into consideration, you can avoid headaches and focus solely on bringing down the bad guys. Try including a dimmable table lamp on your gaming desk so you can adjust the brightness as your gaming session progresses. Having this extra illumination makes it much easier to immerse yourself in all kinds of quests.
4. Built-in light in desk
You probably know the importance of a large mousepad and extra-wide computer screen for your gaming experience. You might also want to add an ergonomic computer desk to your list of gaming needs. Think about it: Large screens and keyboards leave little room for extra accessories on your desk. And a desk with a built-in light means your gaming desk lights won’t take up desktop space.
You can also enjoy gaming like never before with a Z-shaped RGB gaming desk. These desks’ special design gives you tons of room for all your must-have accessories. Their built-in RGB lights mean you won’t have to worry about clearing space for a table lamp. You’ll get the best of both worlds – electrifying gaming desk lights and a spacious gaming zone.
A day of high-stakes missions, quests, and fantasies means directing all your attention toward the screen. But it’s not always easy to focus on just one thing, especially if your setup is distracting. With smart ambient mood lights like the BlissRadia, you can set the mood in ways that can help you concentrate. With just a tap on your smartphone, you can zoom through racing-style games all while your desk light shines energizing hues.
BlissRadia Smart LED Mood Light
From desktop to bedside, light the way to concentration, stimulation, or relaxation.
Part of what makes video games so fun is escaping this world for a dreamland of fantasy and fiction. Although you might not literally be inside that world, your gaming desk lights can help get you as close as possible. With the BlissBulb, your ordinary desk lamp can transform your gaming desk into an interstellar sanctuary in seconds. Imagine defeating your enemies under thousands of colorful laser stars? Gaming under the stars is a truly astonishing adventure.
BlissBulb Laser LightBulb
Transforming your world is as easy as changing a lightbulb.
What should you look for when picking gaming desk lights?
If you’re having trouble deciding which gaming desk light is right for you, then keep the below considerations in mind as you compare your options.
- How it’s installed. Think about how your lights must be set up and how much time and effort it’ll take. Already have a lamp? Maybe try out a new bulb. If you have a bit of time to set up, LED strip lights may be the right fit for you. At the end of the day, go with what makes the most sense for your space and needs.
- Ambient glow. Your general home lighting may differ from your gaming desk lights. Instead of a fixture that illuminates the whole room, you might just want something that provides an ambient glow. This more pared-back glow creates a soothing ambiance perfect for intense virtual battles.
- Soft colors and lights. To set a unique and entrancing gaming mood, it’s best to use soft colors and low brightness. Warm, dim, soft reds, greens, and blues have an inviting feel that can help you relax and focus on the mission at hand.
- Durability. Even when you’re sitting at your gaming desk, there can be plentiful physical movement. That’s why you should choose a fixture that can withstand some bumps amid several hours of use.
- Mood-setting. Gaming under glaring white light is less than ideal. That’s no way to be fully submerged into your fantasy world! Instead, use lights that set an immersive, soothing mood. You can achieve this mood through unique lighting colors, patterns, or designs.
- Adjustability. A light with flexible positioning and orientation is a huge benefit when gaming. Whether you move around during your game or stay put at a large desk, shining your light right where you want it is paramount. Along with physical adjustment, you should also consider choosing a fixture with adjustable brightness.
- Connectivity. If you’re all about convenience and like everything done from an app, a smart light is probably your best bet. Get a fixture that can connect to your phone via Bluetooth or WiFi so you can control the entire rig with ease. If you’d rather have manual control, you can’t go wrong with a standard desk lamp. And that lamp might make a great home for a laser bulb.
Begin your quest with BlissLightsWhy settle for an average gaming experience when you can light a captivating environment that brings you right into the action? With the right gaming desk lights, you can transcend the everyday and reach a whole new world where anything goes. BlissLights are a great example: They transform your space into a mesmerizing gaming area you’ll never want to leave. Browse the BlissLights collection now to bring awe-inducing environments right to your gaming desk.
You may also enjoy these...
Discover fun and unique lighting ideas on the BlissLights Lighting Blog!
How to connect a smart device to 2.4GHz WiFi
Thu, Mar 23, 23
Romantic Valentine's Day Home Decor Ideas
Fri, Dec 30, 22
10 Self Care Ideas You'll Thank Yourself For
Mon, Dec 26, 22
12 New Year's Resolutions for Your Home
Fri, Dec 23, 22
9 Studio Apartment Decorating Ideas on a Budget
Mon, Dec 19, 22
How to Incorporate Meditation Into Your Daily Life
Fri, Dec 16, 22
7 of the Coolest Winter Birthday Party Themes
Fri, Dec 09, 22
8 Ways to Celebrate Galentine's Day
Mon, Dec 05, 22
6 Winning Super Bowl Party Decorating Ideas
Fri, Dec 02, 22
10 Cozy Living Room Christmas Decor Ideas
Mon, Nov 28, 22
The Ultimate White Elephant Party Guide
Fri, Nov 25, 22
11 Holiday Gift Exchange Theme Ideas for Festive Fun
Fri, Nov 18, 22
The Best DIY Advent Calendar Ideas (+ The Top Filler Items)
Mon, Nov 14, 22
15 Office Holiday Party Ideas: Themes, Gifts, Games & More
Fri, Nov 11, 22
The Ultimate List of Secret Santa Gift Ideas
Fri, Nov 04, 22
How to Decorate a Party Tent Made Simple
Mon, Oct 31, 22
What to Put in a Housewarming Basket for New Homeowners
Fri, Oct 28, 22
The Ultimate List of Family Game Night Ideas for All Ages
Mon, Oct 24, 22
8 Cube Shelf Decor Ideas + 4 Cube Shelf Styling Tips
Fri, Oct 21, 22
Pet Photoshoot Ideas: How To Get the Perfect Shot
Fri, Oct 14, 22
13 Fun Double Date Ideas to Mix Things Up
Mon, Oct 10, 22
16 Thoughtful Gift Ideas for a Photographer
Fri, Oct 07, 22
12 Man Cave Ideas and Essentials To Upgrade Your Space
Mon, Sep 26, 22
13 Simple Modern Balcony Lighting Ideas + Design Tips
Fri, Sep 23, 22
13 Themed Homecoming Party Ideas for 2022
Mon, Sep 19, 22
11 Festive Fall Lighting Ideas + Design Tips For Your Home
Fri, Sep 16, 22
6 Mantel Decor Ideas With a TV
Mon, Sep 12, 22
9 Stylish Stairway Lighting Ideas
Fri, Sep 09, 22
7 Indoor Halloween Lighting Ideas for a Spooky Vibe
Mon, Sep 05, 22
How to Host a 'Hocus Pocus'-Themed Party | BlissLights
Fri, Sep 02, 22
9 Smart Lighting Ideas To Reshape Your Home
Fri, Aug 26, 22
10 Simply Chic Small Salon Decor Ideas That You Must Use
Mon, Aug 22, 22
14 Selfie Wall Ideas for the Perfect Post
Fri, Aug 12, 22
16 Must-Have Gifts for Influencers That They Will Love
Fri, Aug 05, 22
9 DIY Wardrobe Closet Ideas to Build The Ultimate Closet
Wed, Jul 27, 22
Warm Lighting vs. Cool Lighting: What's the Difference?
Mon, Jul 25, 22
Lighting for Tall Ceilings – 7 Ways to Brighten Your Home
Fri, Jul 22, 22
12 Baby Gender Reveal Ideas To Get Excited About
Mon, Jul 18, 22
9 Cohesive Design Tips to Connect Each Room in Your Home
Fri, Jul 15, 22