Embracing a modern bedroom involves more than just hanging artwork on the walls or putting decorative items on some shelves. Lighting is a significant contributing factor to this setup, and nothing says the future is here more than beautiful galaxy lights. With galaxy lights, you can fill your room with twinkling stars, floating clouds, and calming colors to set the perfect nighttime – and below, we’ll help you make it happen.
How to pick the best lights for your modern bedroom
Lights come in so many different styles, colors, and effects that you might feel overwhelmed – where do you even begin? If you’re going the laser light route, you might prefer a laser galaxy projector that you can use anywhere in your room near an electrical outlet. Or maybe you’re looking for a classic light bulb, but with colorful lasers and pretty patterns. Then again, you can always use both together for a truly breathtaking bedroom lighting setup.
No matter the route you go, your lighting choices should be based on both your preferences and your lights’ functionality. Before you purchase your galaxy lights, consider these factors:
- Your room’s size. The size of your room makes a big difference in your lighting choices! Think about it like this: If your room is on the larger side, you’ll probably need more than one fixture to effectively blanket your whole space. For maximum lighting, you can use laser projectors and bulbs that cover ample surface area. Additionally, your room’s size can also help you decide whether to have one or two nightstand table lamps. With two table lamps, you can mix and match colored laser light bulbs and their dazzling starry sky effects.
- Your room’s layout. After factoring in your room’s size, you should also consider its layout. If you’re thinking of adding table lamps for laser light bulbs, make sure you have easy access to outlets. If a larger fixture such as a floor lamp is more your style, figure out where in your room it will look best and provide the most light.
- How you plan to use your lights. Galaxy lights are for more than just relaxing or drifting off to sleep. They’re also wonderful for reading, working, and even for romantic date nights. You can also use galaxy lighting as a fun night light to ease kids into bedtime or to keep on through the night to soothe those nighttime scaries. There’s really no wrong way to use galaxy lights – what’s important is knowing how you plan to use them before you buy them.
- The mood you want to set. Lighting is a crucial component of your bedroom’s ambiance, and not all galaxy lights will create the same mood. In fact, different colors can impact your mood in different ways. For a romantic mood, red lighting is your best bet, while blue and green can help transform your room into a zen environment.
- Your current bedroom decor. If you have a modern bedroom design, your current decor might comprise neutral colors, natural materials, and clean geometric patterns – and no two lights will appear quite the same in this environment. That’s why you should keep your current bedroom decor in mind when planning your lighting purchases. You’ll want your lights’ colors and styles to match your current decor – the soft glow of a red starry night sky might fall flat in a room with red walls, but fully immerse you in outer space with walls painted a light blue or pink.
Six galaxy lights for your room
Now that you know how to pick the right galaxy lights for your modern bedroom, you’re ready to learn about the various galaxy lighting types. Any of the below galaxy lights might be just what you need to make your room a cosmic dream space:
1. Galaxy lighting
Decorating your bedroom in a modern way means breaking through traditional lighting designs. Colors, patterns, and interesting shapes are not only allowed but highly encouraged. That’s why specialty galaxy lights are perfect for a modern bedroom. They bring unconventional lighting into your room with swirling colors, sparkling stars, and serene clouds that fully illuminate your bedroom. Here at BlissLights, our Sky Lite Laser Galaxy Projector instantly transforms your space into your own personal galaxy.
Sky Lite Galaxy Projector
Shine a galaxy of moving stars and a blue nebula cloud.
2. Color lights
Although neutral colors are common in the modern school of interior design, there’s still plenty of room for colorful creativity. With color lights, you can express yourself through vibrant hues without repainting your room or putting up wallpaper. Certain colors can make your space feel unique and even improve your mood. Colors such as red, blue, and green all have potential relaxing properties that can help you unwind and de-stress at the end of a busy workday.
You can use the BlissLights BlissBulb (or several BlissBulbs) to shine stunning light displays of red, green, or blue stars. Thousands of glittering laser stars will shimmer around your walls and ceilings, mentally transporting you into a state of pure delight.
BlissBulb Laser LightBulb
Transforming your world is as easy as changing a lightbulb.
3. Star lighting
Picture laying outside, listening to the sounds of nature, and dreaming about the future while lying under a beautiful, starry night sky. Sounds heavenly, right? With star lighting, you can achieve this same effect in your room without stepping outside. To complement your star lighting, you can hang artwork made of wood, twine, or other natural elements to feel like you’re actually outdoors
You can use the BlissLights Stargazer Bundle for especially immersive indoor star lighting. As you turn on your star lights, play some gentle nature sounds and get ready for the ultimate evening under the stars. With star lights, you can have an entire atmosphere of vivid multi-colored stars and clouds anytime you desire.
See your world in a whole new light.
4. Sky lighting
Your master bedroom is likely already elegant, free of clutter, and lacking extreme decor. This wonderful ambiance doesn’t have to end when you turn off your overhead lights. By incorporating sky lighting into your bedroom, you’ll extend your space’s artistic and stylish feel into the evening. The BlissLights Ark Ambient Aurora Light generates peaceful nighttime luxury that can help ease your worries with soothing, abstract laser auroras.
ARK Aurora Light
Transcend reality with a moving abstract aurora.
5. Plug-in lights
Plug-in lights come in so many styles that it’s all but impossible not to stay on-theme with them in your room. Try creating a DIY galaxy plug-in night lamp for your rooms to make it more fun – with galaxy lights, you will look forward to turning off the overhead lights! If you want an especially sophisticated modern look, add plug-in wall sconces and switch out their bulbs for red, green, and blue BlissBulbs. The stars in your room will match the stars in the sky.
6. Portable lights
Take the magic of laser lights wherever you go with portable laser lights. With these lights, you’ll have a personal galaxy right in your pocket. You also won’t have to worry about space, as these lights are compact and don’t need unwieldy wires for power.
The ease and convenience of a portable galaxy light allow you to take it with you when traveling anywhere and everywhere. Teens will have a blast taking portable laser lights to their friends’ houses and shining stars during a slumber party. That’s just one example – with portable lights, there’s no limit to where you can go and what you can do.
Portable galaxy laser lights such as the USB BlissLights StarPort allow you to easily elevate any room into a galactic light show. You’ll be mesmerized by the glimmering laser stars that appear simply by plugging the StarPort into a laptop, phone charger, or even a battery pack. That’s because at BlissLights, entrancing laser lights are the name of our game.
StarPort USB Light
One tiny light. Thousands of stars!
Modernize your bedroom with BlissLights
Your bedroom is a personal space that should be comfortable, inviting, and easy to relax in. Putting a modern, galactic spin on it with BlissLights can help your room feel like the sanctuary you want and need. Whether you’re looking to relax or just need that extra oomph for studying or working, you can use BlissLights for a quick and exciting way to enhance your beautiful, modern atmosphere. Browse the BlissLights collection now to find the exact galaxy lights perfect for you.
You may also enjoy these...
Discover fun and unique lighting ideas on the BlissLights Lighting Blog!
11 Ways To Get the Best Vaporwave Aesthetic Room
Mon, Jun 20, 22
14 Mudroom Lighting Ideas and Tips for the Best Entryway
Fri, Jun 17, 22
12 Best Kids Reading Nook Ideas to Inspire a Reading Retreat
Fri, Jun 10, 22
21 DIY Laundry Room Makeover Ideas for Any Home
Mon, Jun 06, 22
20 Slumber Party Decoration Ideas and Themes for Kids
Fri, Jun 03, 22
How to Get Creative With Your Side Hustle This Summer
Wed, Jun 01, 22
How to Detox Your Sleep Routine in 15 Steps
Mon, May 30, 22
17 Makeup Area Ideas Focused on Style and Organization
Fri, May 27, 22
18 RV Lighting Ideas to Guarantee Amazing Getaways
Fri, May 20, 22
20 Party Theme Ideas That Will Never Disappoint
Mon, May 16, 22
17 Summer Decorations for Your Office in 2022
Fri, May 13, 22
18 Music-Themed Room Decorating Ideas For Jamming Out
Mon, May 09, 22
16 She Shed Office Ideas to Upgrade Working From Home
Fri, May 06, 22
21 Must-Have Glamping Accessories For a Perfect Getaway
Mon, Apr 18, 22
7 Pajama Party Ideas For The Greatest Sleepover Ever
Fri, Apr 15, 22
Emotional Escape Room - The Ultimate Calm Corner Guide
Mon, Apr 11, 22
30 Marvelous DIY Lighting Ideas For a Wedding Reception
Fri, Apr 08, 22
24 At-Home Spa Essentials You Need for Relaxation
Fri, Apr 01, 22
14 Best Disco Lights to Take Your Party To The Next Level
Mon, Mar 28, 22
13 Home Decor Essentials You Need in 2022
Fri, Mar 18, 22
12 Best Color Changing LED Lights for Your Room in 2022
Mon, Mar 14, 22
10 Creative Entertainment Center Lighting Ideas
Mon, Mar 07, 22
Euphoria-Themed Party – The Ultimate How-To Guide
Wed, Mar 02, 22
11 Cozy Lighting Ideas to Warm Up Your Winter
Mon, Feb 28, 22
The Best 11 Attic Lighting Ideas To Transform Your Space
Fri, Feb 25, 22
14 Stylish Modern Hallway Light Ideas
Wed, Feb 23, 22
Best TikTok Lights: What LED Lights Do TikTokers Use?
Mon, Feb 21, 22
20 Unique LED Strip Lights Ideas for Your Home
Fri, Feb 18, 22
Try These 11 Best Bookshelf Lighting Ideas
Mon, Feb 14, 22
The 4 Best Lights for Studying and Reading
Fri, Feb 11, 22
11 Graduation Party Lights To Celebrate The Class of 2022
Mon, Feb 07, 22
Where to Put LED Lights in Your Room
Fri, Feb 04, 22
9 Best Lights for Closets to Illuminate Your Wardrobe
Mon, Jan 31, 22
The 7 Best Star Ceiling Lights to Bring the Universe to You
Mon, Jan 24, 22
The Best Ambient Gaming Lights to Really Level Up
Fri, Jan 21, 22
The 8 Best Sweet 16 Lights for the Big Day
Mon, Jan 17, 22
20 Must-Have Work Desk Accessories in 2022
Fri, Jan 14, 22
The 6 Best Plug In Motion Sensor Lights
Mon, Jan 10, 22
7 Cool Mood Lighting Ideas You Should Try
Fri, Jan 07, 22
The 8 Best Night Lights to Keep You Out of the Dark
Wed, Jan 05, 22