Embracing a modern bedroom involves more than just hanging artwork on the walls or putting decorative items on some shelves. Lighting is a significant contributing factor to this setup, and nothing says the future is here more than beautiful galaxy lights. With galaxy lights, you can fill your room with twinkling stars, floating clouds, and calming colors to set the perfect nighttime – and below, we’ll help you make it happen.
How to pick the best lights for your modern bedroom
Lights come in so many different styles, colors, and effects that you might feel overwhelmed – where do you even begin? If you’re going the laser light route, you might prefer a laser galaxy projector that you can use anywhere in your room near an electrical outlet. Or maybe you’re looking for a classic light bulb, but with colorful lasers and pretty patterns. Then again, you can always use both together for a truly breathtaking bedroom lighting setup.
No matter the route you go, your lighting choices should be based on both your preferences and your lights’ functionality. Before you purchase your galaxy lights, consider these factors:
- Your room’s size. The size of your room makes a big difference in your lighting choices! Think about it like this: If your room is on the larger side, you’ll probably need more than one fixture to effectively blanket your whole space. For maximum lighting, you can use laser projectors and bulbs that cover ample surface area. Additionally, your room’s size can also help you decide whether to have one or two nightstand table lamps. With two table lamps, you can mix and match colored laser light bulbs and their dazzling starry sky effects.
- Your room’s layout. After factoring in your room’s size, you should also consider its layout. If you’re thinking of adding table lamps for laser light bulbs, make sure you have easy access to outlets. If a larger fixture such as a floor lamp is more your style, figure out where in your room it will look best and provide the most light.
- How you plan to use your lights. Galaxy lights are for more than just relaxing or drifting off to sleep. They’re also wonderful for reading, working, and even for romantic date nights. You can also use galaxy lighting as a fun night light to ease kids into bedtime or to keep on through the night to soothe those nighttime scaries. There’s really no wrong way to use galaxy lights – what’s important is knowing how you plan to use them before you buy them.
- The mood you want to set. Lighting is a crucial component of your bedroom’s ambiance, and not all galaxy lights will create the same mood. In fact, different colors can impact your mood in different ways. For a romantic mood, red lighting is your best bet, while blue and green can help transform your room into a zen environment.
- Your current bedroom decor. If you have a modern bedroom design, your current decor might comprise neutral colors, natural materials, and clean geometric patterns – and no two lights will appear quite the same in this environment. That’s why you should keep your current bedroom decor in mind when planning your lighting purchases. You’ll want your lights’ colors and styles to match your current decor – the soft glow of a red starry night sky might fall flat in a room with red walls, but fully immerse you in outer space with walls painted a light blue or pink.
Six galaxy lights for your room
Now that you know how to pick the right galaxy lights for your modern bedroom, you’re ready to learn about the various galaxy lighting types. Any of the below galaxy lights might be just what you need to make your room a cosmic dream space:
1. Galaxy lighting
Decorating your bedroom in a modern way means breaking through traditional lighting designs. Colors, patterns, and interesting shapes are not only allowed but highly encouraged. That’s why specialty galaxy lights are perfect for a modern bedroom. They bring unconventional lighting into your room with swirling colors, sparkling stars, and serene clouds that fully illuminate your bedroom. Here at BlissLights, our Sky Lite Laser Galaxy Projector instantly transforms your space into your own personal galaxy.
Sky Lite Galaxy Projector
Shine a galaxy of moving stars and a blue nebula cloud.
2. Color lights
Although neutral colors are common in the modern school of interior design, there’s still plenty of room for colorful creativity. With color lights, you can express yourself through vibrant hues without repainting your room or putting up wallpaper. Certain colors can make your space feel unique and even improve your mood. Colors such as red, blue, and green all have potential relaxing properties that can help you unwind and de-stress at the end of a busy workday.
You can use the BlissLights BlissBulb (or several BlissBulbs) to shine stunning light displays of red, green, or blue stars. Thousands of glittering laser stars will shimmer around your walls and ceilings, mentally transporting you into a state of pure delight.
BlissBulb Laser LightBulb
Transforming your world is as easy as changing a lightbulb.
3. Star lighting
Picture laying outside, listening to the sounds of nature, and dreaming about the future while lying under a beautiful, starry night sky. Sounds heavenly, right? With star lighting, you can achieve this same effect in your room without stepping outside. To complement your star lighting, you can hang artwork made of wood, twine, or other natural elements to feel like you’re actually outdoors
You can use the BlissLights Stargazer Bundle for especially immersive indoor star lighting. As you turn on your star lights, play some gentle nature sounds and get ready for the ultimate evening under the stars. With star lights, you can have an entire atmosphere of vivid multi-colored stars and clouds anytime you desire.
See your world in a whole new light.
4. Sky lighting
Your master bedroom is likely already elegant, free of clutter, and lacking extreme decor. This wonderful ambiance doesn’t have to end when you turn off your overhead lights. By incorporating sky lighting into your bedroom, you’ll extend your space’s artistic and stylish feel into the evening. The BlissLights Ark Ambient Aurora Light generates peaceful nighttime luxury that can help ease your worries with soothing, abstract laser auroras.
ARK Aurora Light
Transcend reality with a moving abstract aurora.
5. Plug-in lights
Plug-in lights come in so many styles that it’s all but impossible not to stay on-theme with them in your room. Try creating a DIY galaxy plug-in night lamp for your rooms to make it more fun – with galaxy lights, you will look forward to turning off the overhead lights! If you want an especially sophisticated modern look, add plug-in wall sconces and switch out their bulbs for red, green, and blue BlissBulbs. The stars in your room will match the stars in the sky.
6. Portable lights
Take the magic of laser lights wherever you go with portable laser lights. With these lights, you’ll have a personal galaxy right in your pocket. You also won’t have to worry about space, as these lights are compact and don’t need unwieldy wires for power.
The ease and convenience of a portable galaxy light allow you to take it with you when traveling anywhere and everywhere. Teens will have a blast taking portable laser lights to their friends’ houses and shining stars during a slumber party. That’s just one example – with portable lights, there’s no limit to where you can go and what you can do.
Portable galaxy laser lights such as the USB BlissLights StarPort allow you to easily elevate any room into a galactic light show. You’ll be mesmerized by the glimmering laser stars that appear simply by plugging the StarPort into a laptop, phone charger, or even a battery pack. That’s because at BlissLights, entrancing laser lights are the name of our game.
StarPort USB Light
One tiny light. Thousands of stars!
Modernize your bedroom with BlissLights
Your bedroom is a personal space that should be comfortable, inviting, and easy to relax in. Putting a modern, galactic spin on it with BlissLights can help your room feel like the sanctuary you want and need. Whether you’re looking to relax or just need that extra oomph for studying or working, you can use BlissLights for a quick and exciting way to enhance your beautiful, modern atmosphere. Browse the BlissLights collection now to find the exact galaxy lights perfect for you.
You may also enjoy these...
Discover fun and unique lighting ideas on the BlissLights Lighting Blog!
How to connect a smart device to 2.4GHz WiFi
Thu, Mar 23, 23
Romantic Valentine's Day Home Decor Ideas
Fri, Dec 30, 22
10 Self Care Ideas You'll Thank Yourself For
Mon, Dec 26, 22
12 New Year's Resolutions for Your Home
Fri, Dec 23, 22
9 Studio Apartment Decorating Ideas on a Budget
Mon, Dec 19, 22
How to Incorporate Meditation Into Your Daily Life
Fri, Dec 16, 22
7 of the Coolest Winter Birthday Party Themes
Fri, Dec 09, 22
8 Ways to Celebrate Galentine's Day
Mon, Dec 05, 22
6 Winning Super Bowl Party Decorating Ideas
Fri, Dec 02, 22
10 Cozy Living Room Christmas Decor Ideas
Mon, Nov 28, 22
The Ultimate White Elephant Party Guide
Fri, Nov 25, 22
11 Holiday Gift Exchange Theme Ideas for Festive Fun
Fri, Nov 18, 22
The Best DIY Advent Calendar Ideas (+ The Top Filler Items)
Mon, Nov 14, 22
15 Office Holiday Party Ideas: Themes, Gifts, Games & More
Fri, Nov 11, 22
The Ultimate List of Secret Santa Gift Ideas
Fri, Nov 04, 22
How to Decorate a Party Tent Made Simple
Mon, Oct 31, 22
What to Put in a Housewarming Basket for New Homeowners
Fri, Oct 28, 22
The Ultimate List of Family Game Night Ideas for All Ages
Mon, Oct 24, 22
8 Cube Shelf Decor Ideas + 4 Cube Shelf Styling Tips
Fri, Oct 21, 22
Pet Photoshoot Ideas: How To Get the Perfect Shot
Fri, Oct 14, 22
13 Fun Double Date Ideas to Mix Things Up
Mon, Oct 10, 22
16 Thoughtful Gift Ideas for a Photographer
Fri, Oct 07, 22
12 Man Cave Ideas and Essentials To Upgrade Your Space
Mon, Sep 26, 22
13 Simple Modern Balcony Lighting Ideas + Design Tips
Fri, Sep 23, 22
13 Themed Homecoming Party Ideas for 2022
Mon, Sep 19, 22
12 Festive Fall Lighting Ideas + Design Tips For Your Home
Fri, Sep 16, 22
6 Mantel Decor Ideas With a TV
Mon, Sep 12, 22
9 Stylish Stairway Lighting Ideas
Fri, Sep 09, 22
7 Indoor Halloween Lighting Ideas for a Spooky Vibe
Mon, Sep 05, 22
How to Host a 'Hocus Pocus'-Themed Party | BlissLights
Fri, Sep 02, 22
9 Smart Lighting Ideas To Reshape Your Home
Fri, Aug 26, 22
10 Simply Chic Small Salon Decor Ideas That You Must Use
Mon, Aug 22, 22
14 Selfie Wall Ideas for the Perfect Post
Fri, Aug 12, 22
16 Must-Have Gifts for Influencers That They Will Love
Fri, Aug 05, 22
9 DIY Wardrobe Closet Ideas to Build The Ultimate Closet
Wed, Jul 27, 22
Warm Lighting vs. Cool Lighting: What's the Difference?
Mon, Jul 25, 22
Lighting for Tall Ceilings – 7 Ways to Brighten Your Home
Fri, Jul 22, 22
12 Baby Gender Reveal Ideas To Get Excited About
Mon, Jul 18, 22
9 Cohesive Design Tips to Connect Each Room in Your Home
Fri, Jul 15, 22