Did you know that colors can impact your sleep? The right hue can deliver you straight to Dreamland, or the wrong one can make you toss and turn. How that light behaves also makes a difference -- a soft, twinkling light can be more relaxing than one at full brightness disrupting your ability to sleep. Star projectors can be a great way to incorporate calming colors into your nightly routine for better sleep. Here’s how.
What is a star projector?
A star projector is a lighting device, often laser-powered, that shines stars on your walls and ceiling. Often, a star projector offers several light modes, color options, brightness levels, and a sleep timer. Occasionally, you can also get a built-in speaker or remote control with your star projector. No matter their features, these lights are the best way to enjoy the magic of starry nights in a dark room, without ever stepping outside.
Are star projectors good for sleep?
Yes! Star projectors may be able to help you sleep. That’s because:
- Star projectors are relaxing. Green stars can be especially good for relaxation. That’s because green light can react with melanopsin, a sleep hormone the body produces naturally. And, of course, getting great sleep regularly helps you stay relaxed, which is key to falling asleep. It’s a beautiful cycle that the transcendental sights of colorful stars can accelerate.
- The right light can put you in a good mood. Imagine being angry or stressed come bedtime. That’s no way to fall asleep – you’ll probably wind up tossing and turning instead. Blue stars can help, as blue light can provide calming effects during highly stressful moments. If your star projector can shine in blue, you might have an easier time mentally transporting yourself to dreamland without all that rolling around.
- Colors can influence your mindset. If your star projector can shine red stars, then you might be in luck. Red light is correlated with better sleep, though the reasons underlying this connection are up for debate. The working theory is that red light’s long wavelength doesn’t stimulate the eyes. This lack of stimulation can lessen the chances that something will keep your brain awake even when your body needs rest.
The best star projectors for sleep
Remember when you were a kid and counting sheep helped you fall asleep? Now, you can do the same thing with stars instead. Starry lights, galaxy projectors, and aurora projectors all fall under the star projector umbrella. You’ll find each of these categories represented in the below star projector best picks.
1. StarPort Laser USB
This starry light is as simple as it gets – it’s basically a set of lasers on the end of a flexible USB cable. And thanks to the StarPort Laser USB, you can take great sleep with you wherever you go.
But why is this star projector good for sleep, you ask? For starters, it comes in red, blue, or green, all colors with the potential sleep-enhancing effects named above. It’s also the easiest to set up right next to your bed – just connect the USB cable to a wall charger, then plug it in. You’ll instantly see hundreds of tiny laser stars, and you can bend the cable to point the stars at your walls or ceiling. It’s the easiest way to transform your space and mind for better sleep.
Here’s what our customers have to say about StarPort:
- “Put it in my bedroom, just love ...so calming and seems like living in a fantasy world :)”—Mughees B., 09/15/2021
- “This adds such a cool effect to my dorm room. This would also be great for small kids to pretend to look at stars. I got the blue light, and it has such a relaxing effect and is a great way to wind down before bed.”—Erika N., 09/11/2021
- “I ordered 4 of these, and would still order more. They’re adorable, extremely easy to use, and a great price!”—Chelsea H., 08/12/2021
StarPort USB Light
One tiny light. Thousands of stars!
Imagine swapping out your typical overhead lights for starry skies. That might make getting to sleep a lot easier. And it’s 100% possible with the BlissBulb, which fits in all standard light bulb sockets. Use it in ceiling fixtures for a top-down starry sky effect. Add it to your favorite floor or table lamp to see your ceiling in a whole new light.
The BlissBulb can project red or green stationary stars, both of which are sleep friendly colors. Get ready for your most wonderful night of sleep in ages.
Here’s what customers say about the BlissBulb:
- “My nephew sometimes has a hard time sleeping in his own room, and also has trouble falling/staying asleep. This light bulb works wonders! He thinks it’s so cool, and it also helps calm him down. He sleeps in his own room & sleeps through the night more often now!”—Rachel V., 09/06/2021
- “Love it!!! I left it on all night (last night), it makes my ceiling looks cute and somehow, someway makes me fall asleep faster.”—Laura C., 06/27/2021
- “My boys use it as a night light; it’s great.”—family, 06/09/2021
BlissBulb Laser LightBulb
Transforming your world is as easy as changing a lightbulb.
3. Ark Ambient Aurora Light
The Ark Ambient Aurora Light projects a gently oscillating aurora against a backdrop for a truly stunning sight. Since it shines in both blue and green, it produces two potentially relaxing colors, making it the ultimate aurora night light projector. It also has adjustable brightness, an auto six-hour shut-off timer, and a rotating arc design so you can see your room on your own terms. And then, you can fall asleep more easily.
To use the Ark, just plug it in near your bed, then place it on your nightstand and turn it on. You can then adjust its brightness and effects with just the push of a button, and the base is super simple to adjust as well. There’s never been an easier way to see the northern lights – and get some shut-eye – right from the comforts of home.
Ark owners have this to say about it:
- “This skylight produces beautiful visuals and is nothing like I’ve ever seen. With the adjustable brightness and visual settings it’s easy to change the tone of the room. No noise whatsoever.”—Chelsea M., 03/09/2021
- “Overall, a fantastic product that is portable, impressive, and perfect for setting a calm relaxing mood in any room.”—Dan, 12/15/2020
- “Wonderful, simple to install, love the soothing atmosphere it creates in the room.” —Anonymous, 06/28/2021
ARK Aurora Light
Transcend reality with a moving abstract aurora.
4. Sky Lite Evolve Galaxy Projector
With the beloved BlissLights Sky Lite Evolve laser projector, you can project a universe of moving blue or green laser stars against wondrous multicolor nebula clouds. The colors themselves are great for sleep, and the calm of watching a brilliant nighttime sky as it gently moves can get you really sleepy. The Evolve includes adjustable brightness, custom effects, color blending settings, and smart features with the BlissHome app. This way, you can shine just the amount of light you need for sleep.
Sky Lite Evolve: Smart Galaxy Projector
The latest evolution in smart galaxy lighting.
BlissLights are great for sleepWhen you need a star projector that relaxes you and readies you for sleep, BlissLights has you (and your walls and ceiling) covered. All five of the above star projectors come with colors, patterns, and timers that can be great for sleep. They’re also easy to use and stash right on your nightstand. Get a BlissLights star projector today for way better sleep tomorrow – you truly have to see it to believe it.
You may also enjoy these...
Discover fun and unique lighting ideas on the BlissLights Lighting Blog!
How to connect a smart device to 2.4GHz WiFi
Thu, Mar 23, 23
Romantic Valentine's Day Home Decor Ideas
Fri, Dec 30, 22
10 Self Care Ideas You'll Thank Yourself For
Mon, Dec 26, 22
12 New Year's Resolutions for Your Home
Fri, Dec 23, 22
9 Studio Apartment Decorating Ideas on a Budget
Mon, Dec 19, 22
How to Incorporate Meditation Into Your Daily Life
Fri, Dec 16, 22
7 of the Coolest Winter Birthday Party Themes
Fri, Dec 09, 22
8 Ways to Celebrate Galentine's Day
Mon, Dec 05, 22
6 Winning Super Bowl Party Decorating Ideas
Fri, Dec 02, 22
10 Cozy Living Room Christmas Decor Ideas
Mon, Nov 28, 22
The Ultimate White Elephant Party Guide
Fri, Nov 25, 22
11 Holiday Gift Exchange Theme Ideas for Festive Fun
Fri, Nov 18, 22
The Best DIY Advent Calendar Ideas (+ The Top Filler Items)
Mon, Nov 14, 22
15 Office Holiday Party Ideas: Themes, Gifts, Games & More
Fri, Nov 11, 22
The Ultimate List of Secret Santa Gift Ideas
Fri, Nov 04, 22
How to Decorate a Party Tent Made Simple
Mon, Oct 31, 22
What to Put in a Housewarming Basket for New Homeowners
Fri, Oct 28, 22
The Ultimate List of Family Game Night Ideas for All Ages
Mon, Oct 24, 22
8 Cube Shelf Decor Ideas + 4 Cube Shelf Styling Tips
Fri, Oct 21, 22
Pet Photoshoot Ideas: How To Get the Perfect Shot
Fri, Oct 14, 22
13 Fun Double Date Ideas to Mix Things Up
Mon, Oct 10, 22
16 Thoughtful Gift Ideas for a Photographer
Fri, Oct 07, 22
12 Man Cave Ideas and Essentials To Upgrade Your Space
Mon, Sep 26, 22
13 Simple Modern Balcony Lighting Ideas + Design Tips
Fri, Sep 23, 22
13 Themed Homecoming Party Ideas for 2022
Mon, Sep 19, 22
11 Festive Fall Lighting Ideas + Design Tips For Your Home
Fri, Sep 16, 22
6 Mantel Decor Ideas With a TV
Mon, Sep 12, 22
9 Stylish Stairway Lighting Ideas
Fri, Sep 09, 22
7 Indoor Halloween Lighting Ideas for a Spooky Vibe
Mon, Sep 05, 22
How to Host a 'Hocus Pocus'-Themed Party | BlissLights
Fri, Sep 02, 22
9 Smart Lighting Ideas To Reshape Your Home
Fri, Aug 26, 22
10 Simply Chic Small Salon Decor Ideas That You Must Use
Mon, Aug 22, 22
14 Selfie Wall Ideas for the Perfect Post
Fri, Aug 12, 22
16 Must-Have Gifts for Influencers That They Will Love
Fri, Aug 05, 22
9 DIY Wardrobe Closet Ideas to Build The Ultimate Closet
Wed, Jul 27, 22
Warm Lighting vs. Cool Lighting: What's the Difference?
Mon, Jul 25, 22
Lighting for Tall Ceilings – 7 Ways to Brighten Your Home
Fri, Jul 22, 22
12 Baby Gender Reveal Ideas To Get Excited About
Mon, Jul 18, 22
9 Cohesive Design Tips to Connect Each Room in Your Home
Fri, Jul 15, 22