Inevitably, you’ll experience a stressful day at some point in your life. That’s where self care comes in: Setting aside time to relax and decompress can help you improve your mental health. Think of how great you feel after a warm bubble bath, surrounded by candles and essential oils. That’s the power of self-care, and it’s also a power you can share with others.
Whether preparing a gift for your stressed-out sister or a frazzled friend, self-care gifts are among the most versatile and useful presents you can give to a loved one. Follow this gift guide to help you choose the perfect products for a day of self-care and wellness.
Try one of these self-care gifts for a loved one— or yourself
Everyone has different rest preferences. Some may prefer meditating in a room immersed in the gentle scent of fragrant candles, while others may enjoy resting with a cup of tea and a good book. Check out these self-care gift ideas for inspiration on what to get family and friends -- or even yourself:
1. Unwind with a good book
For this gift, include some or all of the following:
- Noise-canceling earbuds: When your gift recipient tries to fully immerse in a book, it’s important that they have the ability to concentrate solely on the narrative. However, your loved one’s self-care day may take place with other people at home walking around and otherwise making noise. Noise-canceling earbuds or headphones are designed to block out this noise, so your loved one can have an uninterrupted reading experience.
- The Little Book of Self Care: If reading is your friend’s favorite pastime, why not get them a book that will give wonderful and helpful wellness tips? The Little Book of Self Care offers inspirational ways to reconnect with yourself and feel more in touch with your mind, body, and spirit.
- Journal: Many people may try journaling to relieve stress, improve their mental health, and enhance their sense of well-being. Taking some time to write down thoughts and feelings is a great way to reflect on recent happenings and connect them with your emotions.
- Adult coloring books: Coloring books aren’t just for kids! Your friends and family of all ages might love pulling out their crayons, colored pencils, and markers. Adult coloring books transport your family and friends back to their childhood memories of coloring for hours while potentially reducing anxiety, improving concentration, and leading to better sleep.
- Tea sampler: Tea is often associated with bringing tranquility to one’s day. Tea flavors such as chamomile, mint, and lavender all have soothing properties that encourage relaxation and promote a healthy lifestyle. Family or friends who drink a hot cup of tea right before bed may just get that extra boost of happiness needed for those extra-sweet dreams. If your loved one is a huge fan of tea, consider getting them a monthly tea box subscription.
2. Have a puzzle day
Consider these gifts to bring your friends and family the ultimate day of puzzles:
- Comfy pajamas: A stylish and comfortable pajama set may be just what your friends or family need to feel lazy yet still productive enough for light activities such as brain teasers. Silky smooth jammies with kittens all over them or flannel PJs in your loved one’s favorite color are the perfect cozy attire for a day of puzzles. Speaking of which…
- Calming puzzle: At the core of this self-care gift idea are puzzles. However, to keep things simple and stress-free when gifting a puzzle, choose puzzles with between 250 and 1,000 pieces that won’t be a struggle or take a long time to assemble. You may also want to stick with simpler imagery that will take less time to put together.
- Crosswords, sudokus, and word searches: Jigsaw puzzles aren’t the only type of puzzles you can give the people in your life as perfect gifts. Brainteasers including crosswords, Sudoku, word searches, and rebus puzzles are beloved pastimes that can keep your loved ones focused, entertained, and at ease.
- Essential oils and diffusers: Enhance your friends’ and loved ones’ puzzle-solving experience by incorporating aromatherapy into their self-care days. While they listen to music and assemble a puzzle of a puppy frolicking through flowers, they will also be greeted by the pleasant scent of essential oils. Some essential oils such as lavender, peppermint, and orange are correlated with improved digestion and lower stress levels.
3. Spa day
Mix and match these gift ideas to create a sublime spa day:
- Bath bombs: A gentle, warm bath can turn anyone’s stressful week into a luxurious getaway. That’s why you should elevate your loved ones’ spa days with a bath bomb set that will release blissful scents, fun colors, and skin-friendly ingredients. These fizzing bath bombs come in different shapes, sizes, colors, and scents – some may even have a fun little surprise in the middle.
- Face masks and skincare products: Nothing says spa day like a good face mask and other skincare products that will leave your loved ones’ skin feeling silky smooth. Whether a nice avocado mask or an exfoliating body scrub, the people in your life will thank you for these rejuvenating and refreshing products that keep their skin nourished and healthy.
- Gua sha stone: What’s a spa day without a nice, deep massage? With a gua sha stone, your friends and family members won’t need a professional masseuse to relax their facial muscles. Gua sha stones can help to reduce puffiness, age spots, and lines in your loved ones’ skin. They can also make your loved ones’ skin look more vibrant. Try one out after a face mask or applying a soothing facial oil.
- Face humidifier: If you’re looking for something to complement your gua sha stones, a face humidifier might be the perfect touch. Steamers will increase the blood circulation to your loved ones’ skin, making them feel refreshed and giving them a natural glow.
- Spa slippers: Help your friends and family feel as if they’re walking on clouds with spa slippers. From slippers surrounded by soft fuzzy materials to ones with memory foam, everyone will enjoy the comfort and warmth this type of footwear provides.
- Salt lamps: The ambiance for an at-home spa day is just as important as the products being used. Salt lamps will emit a soft, warm glow that adds to the peaceful atmosphere of a spa. This decorative lamp can also help improve one’s mood and boost energy levels.
- Star lights: For many, spa days will include some time resting in a warm bath filled to the brim with foamy bubbles and enjoying the sweet smell of scented candles, bath salts, or essential oils. Your loved ones can take this spa experience to the next level with laser lights. The BlissLights BlissBulb, for example, will surround your loved ones with thousands of red, blue, or green twinkling stars. Under this starry sky, your loved ones can decompress amidst beautiful views without leaving home.
BlissBulb Laser LightBulb
Transforming your world is as easy as changing a lightbulb.
Show your support with these calming gift ideas:
- Candle set: Candles and self-care go hand in hand, and they can easily be incorporated into any room during any meditation activity. That’s why a candle set might just be the perfect gift to get someone who wants a tranquil day of connecting to their spiritual self. In fact, candle scents can induce positive emotions and moods – just the right touch for a self-care day.
- White noise machine: While meditating, one must be focused on nothing else but mental clarity. A white noise machine can encourage a deeply relaxed state of consciousness that enhances one’s meditation experience. White noise can also promote more restful sleep, leading to more energy the next day.
- Light therapy lamp: Although a self-care day is a good idea no matter the time of year, it can be especially beneficial during the winter, when the days are cold and the skies are dark. Light therapy lamps can brighten up even the darkest of moods by regulating the natural rhythms of the body and mind.
- Galaxy lights: The final thing your friends and family need to mediate is the perfect meditation space to sit, be still, and connect with what’s happening in the moment. They can achieve this with not just their physical location but the atmosphere they create. With the BlissLights SkyLite Laser Galaxy Projector, your loved ones can meditate under a beautiful personal galaxy filled with sparkling stars and drifting blue clouds.
Sky Lite Evolve: Smart Galaxy Projector
The latest evolution in smart galaxy lighting.
Pamper your friends and family with BlissLightsEveryone deserves a day of self-care and relaxation to rejuvenate and prepare for the busy days that lie ahead. To that end, BlissLights laser lights gorgeously complement self-care gifts such as spa products, tea, and candles by providing your friends and family with a calming light show that’s great for full decompression. Browse the BlissLights collection to find that special, much-needed self-care gift for your loved ones – or maybe even yourself.
You may also enjoy these...
Discover fun and unique lighting ideas on the BlissLights Lighting Blog!
How to connect a smart device to 2.4GHz WiFi
Thu, Mar 23, 23
Romantic Valentine's Day Home Decor Ideas
Fri, Dec 30, 22
10 Self Care Ideas You'll Thank Yourself For
Mon, Dec 26, 22
12 New Year's Resolutions for Your Home
Fri, Dec 23, 22
9 Studio Apartment Decorating Ideas on a Budget
Mon, Dec 19, 22
How to Incorporate Meditation Into Your Daily Life
Fri, Dec 16, 22
7 of the Coolest Winter Birthday Party Themes
Fri, Dec 09, 22
8 Ways to Celebrate Galentine's Day
Mon, Dec 05, 22
6 Winning Super Bowl Party Decorating Ideas
Fri, Dec 02, 22
10 Cozy Living Room Christmas Decor Ideas
Mon, Nov 28, 22
The Ultimate White Elephant Party Guide
Fri, Nov 25, 22
11 Holiday Gift Exchange Theme Ideas for Festive Fun
Fri, Nov 18, 22
The Best DIY Advent Calendar Ideas (+ The Top Filler Items)
Mon, Nov 14, 22
15 Office Holiday Party Ideas: Themes, Gifts, Games & More
Fri, Nov 11, 22
The Ultimate List of Secret Santa Gift Ideas
Fri, Nov 04, 22
How to Decorate a Party Tent Made Simple
Mon, Oct 31, 22
What to Put in a Housewarming Basket for New Homeowners
Fri, Oct 28, 22
The Ultimate List of Family Game Night Ideas for All Ages
Mon, Oct 24, 22
8 Cube Shelf Decor Ideas + 4 Cube Shelf Styling Tips
Fri, Oct 21, 22
Pet Photoshoot Ideas: How To Get the Perfect Shot
Fri, Oct 14, 22
13 Fun Double Date Ideas to Mix Things Up
Mon, Oct 10, 22
16 Thoughtful Gift Ideas for a Photographer
Fri, Oct 07, 22
12 Man Cave Ideas and Essentials To Upgrade Your Space
Mon, Sep 26, 22
13 Simple Modern Balcony Lighting Ideas + Design Tips
Fri, Sep 23, 22
13 Themed Homecoming Party Ideas for 2022
Mon, Sep 19, 22
11 Festive Fall Lighting Ideas + Design Tips For Your Home
Fri, Sep 16, 22
6 Mantel Decor Ideas With a TV
Mon, Sep 12, 22
9 Stylish Stairway Lighting Ideas
Fri, Sep 09, 22
7 Indoor Halloween Lighting Ideas for a Spooky Vibe
Mon, Sep 05, 22
How to Host a 'Hocus Pocus'-Themed Party | BlissLights
Fri, Sep 02, 22
9 Smart Lighting Ideas To Reshape Your Home
Fri, Aug 26, 22
10 Simply Chic Small Salon Decor Ideas That You Must Use
Mon, Aug 22, 22
14 Selfie Wall Ideas for the Perfect Post
Fri, Aug 12, 22
16 Must-Have Gifts for Influencers That They Will Love
Fri, Aug 05, 22
9 DIY Wardrobe Closet Ideas to Build The Ultimate Closet
Wed, Jul 27, 22
Warm Lighting vs. Cool Lighting: What's the Difference?
Mon, Jul 25, 22
Lighting for Tall Ceilings – 7 Ways to Brighten Your Home
Fri, Jul 22, 22
12 Baby Gender Reveal Ideas To Get Excited About
Mon, Jul 18, 22
9 Cohesive Design Tips to Connect Each Room in Your Home
Fri, Jul 15, 22