Imagine lying down in the evening and instantly letting your worries drift away as you gaze into a sparkling night sky full of shimmering stars. Sounds dreamy, right? Well, you no longer have to solely imagine this picturesque scene – you can bring it to life with star ceiling lights. These one-of-a-kind lights can instantly transform your room into a magical starry sky any day, any time – even under a cloudy sky. Just follow this guide and get ready to wish upon a star.
How do I make my ceiling look like the stars?
You don’t have to be an astronaut to sleep under the stars. In fact, turning your ceiling into a euphoric night sky requires just a few fun tools. You could use stick-on glow-in-the-dark stars to place your stars anywhere you want – the ceiling, walls, bookshelf, you name it. When the lights turn off, your stars will shine. Take it one step further by painting your ceiling blue with hand-painted stars to really create a full constellation.
On the other hand, maybe you’re looking to avoid a sticky ceiling or all the labor of painting. In that case, star projectors are the way to go. Just plug in your projector, and you’ll have stars floating all around you in seconds. While some projectors shine just stars, others also immerse your space in colorful nebula clouds and auroras to make every night an adventure in space.
Benefits to using star ceiling lights
Star ceiling light projectors provide unforgettable, highly beneficial experiences whether you’re an aspiring astronomer or someone looking for the perfect meditation space. Star projectors come with all the below benefits and more:
- They set the mood. Light colors can affect your mood in various ways. Most star ceiling light projectors shine dazzling blue, red, and green hues that can promote relaxation. Combine these colors with the special effects of swirling clouds and stars, and you’ll be set for a night of pure delight. You can also switch colors as needed to set just the right vibe.
- They accessorize your room. Adding personality to your room can help it feel more like your own space. With star lights, you can elevate your room without making holes in the walls, moving furniture around, or hassling with paint. Say goodbye to boring white walls and hello to a universe of your own making.
- They’re easy to set up. Hanging planets from your ceiling and sticking glow-in-the-dark stars there too can be frustrating and time-consuming. Star projectors eliminate the need for ladders and craning your neck a ton during ceiling setup. Instead, just place your projector anywhere you want, plug it in, and voilà – stars shining bright in just seconds!
- They don’t make a mess. Since star projectors are standalone devices, they don’t leave sticky residue on the ceiling as with stick-on stars. They also don’t require any painting or permanent marks on your ceiling or walls. When you’re done using your star lights, simply turn them off and unplug – no mess left behind.
The 7 best star ceiling lights
You can start creating your ultimate galaxy with the below star ceiling lights:
1. CineStarPanel™ Fiber Optic Star Ceiling Panels
The CineStarPanel™ Fiber Optic Star Ceiling Panels provide a realistic light display of twinkling stars with RGB LED technology. You can choose the colors that best suit your mood via a Bluetooth® controller or mobile app. You’ll also have the option to fade the stars from color to color and modify how quickly and strongly the fade occurs.
2. Blisslights Sky Lite 2.0
The Sky Lite 2.0 can take you to outer space right from the comforts of home. With just the push of a button, right on your phone screen, you’ll immerse your surroundings in swirling dual-color nebula clouds and twinkling stars. You can customize your experience with custom colors, effects, patterns, and timers in the BlissLights app. It’s the perfect budget-friendly star ceiling light for an astonishing night under the stars, whenever you want.
Sky Lite 2.0: Galaxy Projector (App Control)
Shine a galaxy of moving stars and a vibrant multicolor cloud.
3. YSD Night Light Star Projector
The YSD Night Light Star Projector casts stars and a moon in several colors. It operates on a built-in rechargeable battery, so you don’t need a free outlet to use it. You can also control the light via remote control from a distance up to 32 feet. The base unit is available in four different colors.
4. Sunnest Kids Star Night Light
The Sunnest Kids Star Night Light is made specifically for kids, particularly babies and young children. It includes four LED bulbs and eight modes, ranging from starry-night scenes to standard night light colors. You can power it via a USB port or four AAA batteries. The three buttons on the front of this projector let you control most of its effects.
5. MOKOQI Star Projector
The MOKOQI Star Projector is designed for nurseries, where it can display a moon and stars all over the room. This night light has eight modes of operation including blue, green, and red flashing effects. In total, it offers 17 projection color modes. You can control it via four buttons on the light’s base.
6. AMKI 32W Bluetooth Controlled Twinkle LED
The AMKI 32W Bluetooth Controlled Twinkle LED projector is a fiber optic star kit that decorates your ceiling with RGBW stars. When you play music or watch a movie, the stars can twinkle and change color to the beat of the sounds. It also includes 16 million colors to display, 20 dynamic modes, and remote or app control.
7. Blisslights Stargazer bundle
Relax under thousands of enthralling laser stars with the multicolor lighting experience of the Stargazer projector bundle. This four-piece set can transform any space into a cosmic starscape that feels thousands of light-years away right from home. It includes the beloved original SkyLite, a green BlissBulb, and two red BlissBulbs that fit perfectly inside your typical light fixtures. It’s the easiest way to bring a vivid galaxy of glittering stars right within reach.
See your world in a whole new light.
Shoot for the stars with BlissLights
No longer do you need to stare into a black void when you turn off the lights at night. Instead, you can fill your room with a multicolor nebula to help you drift off into a peaceful slumber. BlissLights, for example, take you on a journey through the stars and a soothing array of colorful shimmers and floating clouds. Browse the BlissLights collection to bring the universe to you with the simple push of a button – no head-scratching setup is required.
BlissLights Lighting Blog
Discover fun and unique lighting ideas on the BlissLights Lighting Blog!