There’s something undeniably wondrous about creating a Milky Way of your own at home with just the push of a button. Galaxy projectors such as the Sky Lite and the Sky Lite 2.0 do exactly this, though in slightly different ways. The original Sky Lite went viral on TikTok for a reason, and the newer model preserves the original’s best features while adding even more transformative potential. The below guide should help you choose between the two.
What is the difference between the Sky Lite and Sky Lite 2.0?
The primary Sky Lite vs. Sky Lite 2.0 differences are its smart features. These are:
- App connectivity. The Sky Lite 2.0 is Bluetooth®-enabled for use with the BlissLights mobile app.
- Timer. The Sky Lite 2.0 includes customizable timer options.
- Color options. The Sky Lite 2.0 can shine nebulas in seven colors.
- Customizability. With the Sky Lite 2.0, you can program your own unique combinations of colors and effects to see your space in a whole new light.
- Price. The Sky Lite 2.0 costs a bit more than the original Sky Lite, but the slight price bump can be well worth the added features.
Learn about these differences (and others) in greater depth below.
What is the Sky Lite?
The BlissLights Sky Lite is the first galaxy light made for home use. It incorporates a direct diode laser and precision glass optics and holographic technologies to create inspiring displays of blue or green stars against blue nebula clouds. The effect is like being in the nearest open field or planetarium and gazing up at the stunning view above you, all without leaving home. Here’s what else you should know about the Sky Lite:
- Effect modes: The Sky Lite has six effect modes. You can freeze its stars and nebulas in place, rotate the stars, or fade the nebula in and out. You can also display solely stars, solely nebulas, or gently cycle between the two.
- Auto-cycle: The Sky Lite is automatically on a six-hour timer. With auto-cycle, you can create an otherworldly visual experience by rotating through an awe-striking stars and nebula combination, by filling your space solely with drifting nebulas, or shower the walls and ceiling with thousands of twinkling stars.
- Settings: The Sky Lite includes three brightness settings and the aforementioned light effects. Combined, that’s eighteen potential visuals for transforming your space – and with it, your body and mind.
- Coverage area: From 10 feet away, the Sky Lite can cover 900 square feet (83.61 square meters) of wall space. It immerses your entire space, not just one corner of your room, in comfort and wonder.
- Color options: You can choose between blue or green stars in your Sky Lite. The nebula cloud background is always blue. You can also choose between a white or black laser projector casing.
- App connectivity: N/A
- Ability to share light settings with other app users: N/A
- Price: $49.99
What customers say about the Sky Lite:
“Bought it as a gift for my boyfriend. It works perfectly -- it’s all very easy to use buttons and instructions. Very impressed with projector options.”—Sam Z., 09/02/2021
“I absolutely love this item, not just because I’m scared of the dark but because it lights up the whole room, the modes I can change it to & how beautiful it is.”—Elise D., 03/14/2021
“It’s fun! I bought this for use in our theater room. We are watching all the Star Wars movies and I knew the kids would get a kick out of it. What I didn’t expect was my daughter 10 years old stealing it to use as night light.”—Julie, 09/12/2020
“My ceilings are way too high for LED lights so I looked into this Sky Lite, and in my opinion these are way better.”—Ellie, 09/08/2020
Sky Lite Galaxy Projector
Shine a galaxy of moving stars and a blue nebula cloud.
What is the Sky Lite 2.0?
The BlissLights Sky Lite 2.0 takes the transcendent laser star experience of the original Sky Lite and ups the ante with color-changing lights and Bluetooth app connectivity. The Sky Lite 2.0 can shine patterns in all six rainbow colors plus pink, not just blue and green. The BlissLights mobile app makes it easy to cycle through light effects with just the tap of a screen. The app control also lets you adjust brightness and start (or stop) your effects. Here’s what else to know:
- Effect modes: The Sky Lite 2.0 comes with seven effect modes including stars only and fading. Coupled with DIY lighting patterns, these effects let you explore the world beyond, right from home, in all kinds of ways.
- Auto-cycle: Go beyond the six-hour auto-cycle of the original Sky Lite with a timer that spans anywhere from 1 hour to 24 hours. The choice is yours – and so is the power to see your space however you choose.
- Settings: With the Sky Lite 2.0’s three brightness settings, you can explore outer space from home at low, high, or medium intensity. Or, from the BlissLights app, you can change your brightness without getting up and interrupting your transcendence.
- Coverage area: Like the original Sky Lite, the Sky Lite 2,0 covers 900 square feet (83.61 square meters) from a distance of 10 feet. It wholly transforms your entire space.
- Color options: When it comes to the Sky Lite 2.0, the sky is truly the limit. The RGB (Red, Green, and Blue) technology in the Sky Lite 2.0 means you can shine nebula clouds in multiple colors and combinations. With the Sky Lite 2.0, the magic of your space is fully in your hands.
- App connectivity: The Sky Lite 2.0 is the first BlissLight with app connectivity. Through this connectivity, you can turn your light on and off from your phone, where you can also control its brightness, settings, colors, and effects. You can also use the BlissLights app to create custom lighting patterns that let you see your space in a light of entirely your own making.
- Ability to share lights with other app users: Take shared experience with BlissLights to a new level. Add your friends on the BlissLights app so you can share your favorite, customized settings with each other. Think about it: Wouldn’t it be exciting to see your space through your friend’s eyes? Or better yet, when your friends visit, you can provide them with ultimate comfort through their own favorite patterns.
- Price: $69.99
What customers say about the Sky Lite 2.0:
“So pretty! Has Bluetooth connection and you can customize it through their app!! … i love it!”—Fallon, 08/27/2021
“I am already obsessed with this product!! The quality is unquestionably high-end & worth every penny, unlike some of these knock offs charging the same or more! The lights are truly beautiful, I never want to turn it off!”—Claressa L., 08/25/2021
“This has to be one of the coolest purchases I have made. Once you download the app to your phone and link it, there are tons of options, and you can even customize what is displayed.”—Jeffery, 07/20/2021
“I got this for my son and as soon as we turned it on I felt so relaxed. It’s so magical!”—Samantha, 06/22/2021SKY LITE 2.0
Sky Lite 2.0: Galaxy Projector (App Control)
Shine a galaxy of moving stars and a vibrant multicolor cloud.
Which one should you buy?
Both the Sky Lite and Sky Lite 2.0 are great picks for recasting any indoor space in a whole new light. The original Sky Lite might be best if you’re in the market for a lower-price, simpler laser lighting option. For a more customizable laser lighting experience, the Sky Lite 2.0 is your pick. The ability to shine lights in color options, and share them with friends right from your phone, might be well worth the extra spend.
- Star Color
- Cloud Color
- App Control
- Effect Modes
- Sky Lite 2.0
- Blue or Green
- Yes, with BlissLights App
- Customizable timer length
- 7 default, up to 10 custom
- Sky Lite Classic
- Blue or Green
- Auto 6hr shutoff
- 4 default modes
Does BlissLights offer other products?
Where the Sky Lite and Sky Lite 2.0 reimagine your home as an interstellar odyssey, other BlissLights can also give you starry skies and northern lights. The BlissBulb fits wherever you normally place lightbulbs and fills your space with thousands of laser stars. To really transport yourself to a night outdoors under the stars, get the Stargazer Bundle’s two red BlissBulbs and one green BlissBulb. Mix and match your lights for breathtaking nighttime views right from home!
For even more transcendent outdoor sights gone indoors, the Ark Ambient Aurora Light brings the northern lights right to you. The Ark projects green auroras across comforting blue backgrounds to give you that Arctic Circle vibe right from home. With the Ark, you’ll experience the aurora borealis without traveling the world.
Light up the night with BlissLights
For an indoor starry-sky show, northern lights display, or intergalactic experience, BlissLights have you (and your walls) covered. The original Sky Lite or the newer 2.0 might be better for your galaxy lighting based on your budget, user-friendliness, and customizability needs. When you’re ready, browse the BlissLights collection to act on your decision and get the right light for transforming your everyday surroundings into truly unforgettable sights.
You may also enjoy these...
Discover fun and unique lighting ideas on the BlissLights Lighting Blog!
How to connect a smart device to 2.4GHz WiFi
Thu, Mar 23, 23
Romantic Valentine's Day Home Decor Ideas
Fri, Dec 30, 22
10 Self Care Ideas You'll Thank Yourself For
Mon, Dec 26, 22
12 New Year's Resolutions for Your Home
Fri, Dec 23, 22
9 Studio Apartment Decorating Ideas on a Budget
Mon, Dec 19, 22
How to Incorporate Meditation Into Your Daily Life
Fri, Dec 16, 22
7 of the Coolest Winter Birthday Party Themes
Fri, Dec 09, 22
8 Ways to Celebrate Galentine's Day
Mon, Dec 05, 22
6 Winning Super Bowl Party Decorating Ideas
Fri, Dec 02, 22
10 Cozy Living Room Christmas Decor Ideas
Mon, Nov 28, 22
The Ultimate White Elephant Party Guide
Fri, Nov 25, 22
11 Holiday Gift Exchange Theme Ideas for Festive Fun
Fri, Nov 18, 22
The Best DIY Advent Calendar Ideas (+ The Top Filler Items)
Mon, Nov 14, 22
15 Office Holiday Party Ideas: Themes, Gifts, Games & More
Fri, Nov 11, 22
The Ultimate List of Secret Santa Gift Ideas
Fri, Nov 04, 22
How to Decorate a Party Tent Made Simple
Mon, Oct 31, 22
What to Put in a Housewarming Basket for New Homeowners
Fri, Oct 28, 22
The Ultimate List of Family Game Night Ideas for All Ages
Mon, Oct 24, 22
8 Cube Shelf Decor Ideas + 4 Cube Shelf Styling Tips
Fri, Oct 21, 22
Pet Photoshoot Ideas: How To Get the Perfect Shot
Fri, Oct 14, 22
13 Fun Double Date Ideas to Mix Things Up
Mon, Oct 10, 22
16 Thoughtful Gift Ideas for a Photographer
Fri, Oct 07, 22
12 Man Cave Ideas and Essentials To Upgrade Your Space
Mon, Sep 26, 22
13 Simple Modern Balcony Lighting Ideas + Design Tips
Fri, Sep 23, 22
13 Themed Homecoming Party Ideas for 2022
Mon, Sep 19, 22
12 Festive Fall Lighting Ideas + Design Tips For Your Home
Fri, Sep 16, 22
6 Mantel Decor Ideas With a TV
Mon, Sep 12, 22
9 Stylish Stairway Lighting Ideas
Fri, Sep 09, 22
7 Indoor Halloween Lighting Ideas for a Spooky Vibe
Mon, Sep 05, 22
How to Host a 'Hocus Pocus'-Themed Party | BlissLights
Fri, Sep 02, 22
9 Smart Lighting Ideas To Reshape Your Home
Fri, Aug 26, 22
10 Simply Chic Small Salon Decor Ideas That You Must Use
Mon, Aug 22, 22
14 Selfie Wall Ideas for the Perfect Post
Fri, Aug 12, 22
16 Must-Have Gifts for Influencers That They Will Love
Fri, Aug 05, 22
9 DIY Wardrobe Closet Ideas to Build The Ultimate Closet
Wed, Jul 27, 22
Warm Lighting vs. Cool Lighting: What's the Difference?
Mon, Jul 25, 22
Lighting for Tall Ceilings – 7 Ways to Brighten Your Home
Fri, Jul 22, 22
12 Baby Gender Reveal Ideas To Get Excited About
Mon, Jul 18, 22
9 Cohesive Design Tips to Connect Each Room in Your Home
Fri, Jul 15, 22