Well, the weather outside is frightful and your fireplace is indeed delightful, but right now, you’re not thinking about Christmas in your living room – for years, you’ve successfully decorated that room for the holidays. Instead, you’re thinking about Christmas lights for bedrooms instead, because why relegate the Christmas spirit to just one room? That’s not the only reason to use Christmas lights for bedrooms – find some other reasons and useful lighting tips below.
Why use Christmas lights?
Christmas lights are great bedroom decor come holiday time because they:
- Bring that classic Christmas spirit. Santa Claus might not actually come to town, but that doesn’t mean you can’t conjure a big Christmas mood. Christmas decorations such as holiday lights are well associated with that snowy, family-centered time of year with wreaths, neatly wrapped gifts, and plenty of eggnog.
- Add personality. A room without interesting wall decor is, well, not interesting. That said, room decorations can be expensive. Christmas lights such as string lights, on the other hand, are super cheap, plus they’re tons of fun. That’s exactly why holiday lights are common in dorm rooms – affordable excitement is the foundation of college budgets.
- Relax for the holidays. Holiday season is largely about seeing family and de-stressing. Since red light correlates with relaxation, Christmas lights don’t just set the figurative mood – they can shape your literal mood too.
- Make your bedroom fun and memorable. Bedroom Christmas decorations aren’t just conversation pieces. They’re items that make lasting impressions. Your guests are far likelier to remember your room if it’s uniquely decorated for the holidays – or if it’s decorated like every day is a holiday.
When should you set up Christmas lights?
There’s no set rule on when you should set up Christmas lights, but any time after Halloween is fair game. You’re likely to start seeing Christmas lights in mid-November, but the real rush might come after Thanksgiving. That’s because with one major end-of-year holiday down, you can focus on the next one and start decorating your bedroom in gorgeous reds and greens!
Tips for using Christmas lights in bedrooms
Even if you see that Christmas lights work well in bedrooms, you might be wondering: How do I make something more often found wrapped around a Christmas tree or reflected on the side of a house work for my bedroom? Here’s how you can maximize your Christmas home decoration game in your bedroom:
- Hang string lights behind your bed. Strings of Christmas lights dripping from the ceiling down to your pillows direct attention to your bed, which is the centerpiece of your room. Bonus points if your bed frame has bed posts around which you can wrap your string lights.
- Run string lights across your ceiling With just a few clips, you can set up a bold zigzag of string lights that dash across your ceiling. Christmas lights fanning across your ceiling give your room holiday spirit from top to bottom.
- Surround your window frames with string lights Of course, there’s plenty of space to decorate between your bed and your ceiling, and these areas often go overlooked in Christmas lighting. If you run string lights along your window frames too, you can fill in these gaps. With string lights on your ceiling, in your window frame, and near your bed, your lighting setup will look uninterrupted and thus more exciting.
Types of Christmas lights for bedrooms
The following types of Christmas lights for bedrooms might send that Santa spirit your way:
1. String lights
We’ve already explained why string lights are a tried and true Christmas classic, and we’d be neglectful if we didn’t mention them again. They’re versatile, they’ve long been associated with the holiday, and they’re affordable too.
2. LED lights
LED lights are available in many forms, including as adhesive light strips or traditional light bulbs, so they give you all kinds of placement options.
BlissGlow Multicolor LED Strip Light
Refresh your space with a modern glow.
3. Red and green lights
Well, this one speaks for itself: It’s Christmas, so you’re going for red and green lighting. Laser lights, laser projectors, portable lights, and string lights that are just red or green (or both) are perfectly on-theme, plus they’re often super affordable and easy to install.
Light up any space with vibrant red and green stars.
4. Portable lights
For Christmas-colored lighting that goes where you go, try portable lights. Here at BlissLights, our StarPort Laser USB – available in red or green for Christmas – plugs right into your laptop so you can take it with you from room to room. It’s also perfect for your mobile charger, and it easily fits into your crowded backpack when you head home for the holidays. Just plug in, point, and voila – star-speckled Christmas lighting!
StarPort USB Light
One tiny light. Thousands of stars!
5. Indoor laser projectors
We also have a wide variety of indoor laser projectors for all your Christmas bedroom lighting needs. Try our Stargazer Bundle for an especially dazzling Christmas lighting setup priced at a steal. This special value bundles the Sky Lite projector, available in green stars or blue stars, with three laser light bulbs: two red, and one green. With these four Christmas lights for bedrooms, you’ll get a world of decorating possibilities.
See your world in a whole new light.
If you have floor lamps, table lamps, and classic ceiling fixtures in all your home’s bedrooms, you can swap out any of these bulbs for your red or green laser light bulbs to decorate multiple rooms in one shot. Then, turn on your green and blue SkyLite projector to flood the room with Christmas-appropriate projections of well-lit galaxies and starry nights. It’s an unusually atmospheric way to light up your Christmas -- and any day of the year, in fact. It’s a single purchase that you can use all 365 calendar days, not just for one day in December.
Running low on space, but want to have a big impact? The HolidayPort USB Christmas Light can be connected to any USB port on an outlet, laptop, power pack, or anywhere else you can think of. Just plug it in and watch the holiday cheer spread far and wide on your walls and ceiling.
BlissLights HolidayPort USB
Deck the halls with fanciful holiday projections.
6. Laser light bulbs
When you buy the Stargazer Bundle, you get three laser light bulbs. These bulbs are special: They generate thousands of individual light points with b colors and focus. The effect you’ll get resembles a starry night sky in, if you use our red and green BlissBulbs, Christmas colors. With starry skies in both these colors, you’re in for your most immersive Christmas ever.
7. Tree topper lights
All this time, we’ve been talking about Christmas lights for bedrooms, where you’re less likely to have a Christmas tree than in your living room. That said, if you do have a Christmas tree in your room, your Christmas lighting setup isn’t complete without tree topper lights.
That’s why we make a star-shaped Laser Christmas Tree Topper. Its large star projects red or green lasers, has a silver or gold trim, and includes color-changing LED lighting. If you use several toppers in your tree, you’re in for not just an especially festive bedroom, but an entire home full of merriment. If trees aren’t your holiday style, this tree topper light can be attached to any standing fixture in your home, such as a bedpost or railing.
BlissLights Laser Tree Topper
Shine laser stars and a colorful glow from your tree.
Can you use Christmas lights for bedrooms in other rooms of your home?
You can typically use Christmas lights for your bedroom elsewhere in your home too – take your lights wherever you go! Try them in your:
- Living room Chances are, this is where you’re setting up your big tree. That’s why Christmas lights are a natural fit here too.
- Kitchen Decorative Christmas lighting makes preparing gingerbread houses even more fun! You might also want appropriate holiday lighting where you’re taking your Christmas food to eat…
- Dining room. Earlier, we mentioned that red light can be relaxing. That’s why Christmas lights are great for your dining room too – relaxed eating means more enjoying the food, better dinnertime meals, and heartwarming holiday vibes all around.
How BlissLights Christmas lighting saves you moneyWith so many ways to jazz up your bedroom for the holidays, it’s never too early (or late) to start thinking about the best holiday lighting for your room. If you’re going the laser lighting route, you’ll likely find exactly what you’re looking for at our online shop. Browse the BlissLights indoor and holiday collections now to stock up on striking, affordable, merry Christmas bedroom lights for your whole future.
You may also enjoy these...
Discover fun and unique lighting ideas on the BlissLights Lighting Blog!
How to connect a smart device to 2.4GHz WiFi
Thu, Mar 23, 23
Romantic Valentine's Day Home Decor Ideas
Fri, Dec 30, 22
10 Self Care Ideas You'll Thank Yourself For
Mon, Dec 26, 22
12 New Year's Resolutions for Your Home
Fri, Dec 23, 22
9 Studio Apartment Decorating Ideas on a Budget
Mon, Dec 19, 22
How to Incorporate Meditation Into Your Daily Life
Fri, Dec 16, 22
7 of the Coolest Winter Birthday Party Themes
Fri, Dec 09, 22
8 Ways to Celebrate Galentine's Day
Mon, Dec 05, 22
6 Winning Super Bowl Party Decorating Ideas
Fri, Dec 02, 22
10 Cozy Living Room Christmas Decor Ideas
Mon, Nov 28, 22
The Ultimate White Elephant Party Guide
Fri, Nov 25, 22
11 Holiday Gift Exchange Theme Ideas for Festive Fun
Fri, Nov 18, 22
The Best DIY Advent Calendar Ideas (+ The Top Filler Items)
Mon, Nov 14, 22
15 Office Holiday Party Ideas: Themes, Gifts, Games & More
Fri, Nov 11, 22
The Ultimate List of Secret Santa Gift Ideas
Fri, Nov 04, 22
How to Decorate a Party Tent Made Simple
Mon, Oct 31, 22
What to Put in a Housewarming Basket for New Homeowners
Fri, Oct 28, 22
The Ultimate List of Family Game Night Ideas for All Ages
Mon, Oct 24, 22
8 Cube Shelf Decor Ideas + 4 Cube Shelf Styling Tips
Fri, Oct 21, 22
Pet Photoshoot Ideas: How To Get the Perfect Shot
Fri, Oct 14, 22
13 Fun Double Date Ideas to Mix Things Up
Mon, Oct 10, 22
16 Thoughtful Gift Ideas for a Photographer
Fri, Oct 07, 22
12 Man Cave Ideas and Essentials To Upgrade Your Space
Mon, Sep 26, 22
13 Simple Modern Balcony Lighting Ideas + Design Tips
Fri, Sep 23, 22
13 Themed Homecoming Party Ideas for 2022
Mon, Sep 19, 22
12 Festive Fall Lighting Ideas + Design Tips For Your Home
Fri, Sep 16, 22
6 Mantel Decor Ideas With a TV
Mon, Sep 12, 22
9 Stylish Stairway Lighting Ideas
Fri, Sep 09, 22
7 Indoor Halloween Lighting Ideas for a Spooky Vibe
Mon, Sep 05, 22
How to Host a 'Hocus Pocus'-Themed Party | BlissLights
Fri, Sep 02, 22
9 Smart Lighting Ideas To Reshape Your Home
Fri, Aug 26, 22
10 Simply Chic Small Salon Decor Ideas That You Must Use
Mon, Aug 22, 22
14 Selfie Wall Ideas for the Perfect Post
Fri, Aug 12, 22
16 Must-Have Gifts for Influencers That They Will Love
Fri, Aug 05, 22
9 DIY Wardrobe Closet Ideas to Build The Ultimate Closet
Wed, Jul 27, 22
Warm Lighting vs. Cool Lighting: What's the Difference?
Mon, Jul 25, 22
Lighting for Tall Ceilings – 7 Ways to Brighten Your Home
Fri, Jul 22, 22
12 Baby Gender Reveal Ideas To Get Excited About
Mon, Jul 18, 22
9 Cohesive Design Tips to Connect Each Room in Your Home
Fri, Jul 15, 22